Diamond Head Real Estate
Diamond Head is a natural landmark recognized around the world. It’s no surprise that Diamond Head homes are some of the most sought after residences in all of Hawaii. Diamond Head real estate is bound by Kapiolani Community College and Kaimuki/Kapahulu on the North, Fort Ruger Park and the Kahala neighborhood on the East, the Pacific Ocean on the South and Waikiki/Kapahulu on the West. Those that reside in the Diamond Head neighborhood are often seeking an active, outdoor and social lifestyle. Here is a list of some of Diamond Head’s attractions:
Kapiolani Park sits at the base of Diamond Head and encompasses over 300 acres of land. The park is actively used by everyone from yoga and strength training groups to archery practitioners, with frequent concerts at the Waikiki Shell. ?The Outrigger Canoe Club and the Elks Club provides a members-only oceanfront dining, lounging & social experience for its members. The beaches, reef breaks and protected inshore waters off of Diamond Head are popular for surfers, windsurfers, swimmers and beachgoers. Diamond Head Crater is a great hike with an incredible view for those that make it to the top. Any late afternoon walk that ends at one of the look outs on Diamond Head Road will likely end with a spectacular sunset. The many shops and restaurants of Waikiki, Monsarrat Avenue, and Kahala Mall are a very short distance away. The Honolulu Zoo can be found on the west end of Kapiolani Park. The Honolulu Aquarium is a fun filled day for keikis, and a perfect outdoor venue for evening celebrations.
Diamond Head real estate ranges from small condos off the water to multi-million dollar oceanfront estates. Any Diamond Head homes with an ocean view, and certainly anything directly on the ocean or with a deeded access to the ocean, is going to command top dollar. Some unique communities in the Diamond Head district include:
- The ocean side homes of Diamond Head Road and Papu Circle. This section of Diamond Head is home to the Doris Duke Estate, the former Hemmiter Estate, and other estates of the rich and famous.
- The Gold Coast of Honolulu, a stretch of oceanfront condo living along Kapiolani Blvd at the southwest slope of Diamond Head. Gold Coast condos typically sell for over $1,000 per square foot.
- La Pietra townhomes are tucked away in the trees along the southwest slopes of Diamond Head. There are just under 40 townhomes in this secured and private community.
- Several of Diamond Head’s most affordable condos can be found in Pua Lei Circle at the border to lower Kapahulu.
- For those that desire large homes on extra-large lots, it’s best to focus on the Noela Road and Diamond Head Circle sections of the Diamond Head neighborhood.
Diamond Head Condos may range from $250,000 to $5 million, with an average price just over $1 million for about 1100 sq. ft.
Diamond Head homes may range from $1 million to $15 million, with an average price of $2.3 million for about 3,000 sq. ft.